Patrick Air Force Base   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Art > Media Gallery
Selected : Historical

4 Result(s) Found

Show 12 24 48
 
AEHF-2AEHF-2
AEHF-2

(Courtesy of ULA) An Atlas V rocket carrying the second Advanced High Frequency satellite launched today from Cape Canaveral AFS.
AEHF-2


Download Full Image
E-mail a friend
Posted: 5/4/2012

Keetch Byram Drought Index (KBDI) for Florida 28 June 2011Keetch Byram Drought Index (KBDI) for Florida 28 June 2011
Keetch Byram Drought Index (KBDI) for Florida 28 June 2011

Keetch Byram Drought Index (KBDI) for Florida 28 June 2011
Keetch Byram ...


Download Full Image
E-mail a friend
Posted: 7/1/2011

SBIRS GEO-1 LaunchSBIRS GEO-1 Launch
SBIRS GEO-1 Launch

A United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket with the Air Force’s Space Based Infrared Systems (SBIRS) GEO-1 payload blasts off at 2:10 p.m. EDT Saturday from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station’s Space Launch Complex 41. SBIRS is designed to provide global, overhead, persistent, infrared surveillance capability to meet 21st century demands in missile warning, missile defense, battlespace awareness, and technical intelligence.
SBIRS GEO-1 ...


Download Full Image
E-mail a friend
Posted: 5/13/2011

Air Force Missile Test Center (Historical)Air Force Missile Test Center (Historical)
Air Force Missile Test Center (Historical)

In October 1952, the Air Research and Development Command approved a plan to extend the Eastern Range's length to 5,000 miles to meet SNARK and NAVAHO missile testing requirements. Antigua, St. Lucia, Fernando de Noronha and Ascension were tentatively selected as host sites, and agree-ments were negotiated with the governments of Britain, St. Lucia, Brazil and Ascension to authorize construction. The St. Lucia and Ascension agree-ments were signed on 26 June 1956, and the Brazilian Agreement was signed on 21 January 1957. Following an exchange of notes with the State Department, Britain granted the U.S. access to Antigua on 15 January 1957. The St. Lucia site was activated on 5 December 1956, and Antigua and Ascension were ready for operations in October 1957. The Fernando de Noronha station was activated off the coast of Brazil on 18 September 1958. Twelve small telemetry ships were positioned downrange to fill in the gaps between Antigua and Ascension in 1957 and 1958.** The Eastern Range supported its first 5,000-mile-long mission (a SNARK test flight) on 31 October 1957.
Air Force ...


Download Full Image
E-mail a friend
Posted: 8/29/2006

    

 Inside Patrick AFB

ima cornerSearch

ima cornerCategories
All Art
   Historical
   Other
   Shield

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     USA.gov     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act