Family Services: Airman’s Attic and much more
By 2nd Lt. Alicia Wallace, 45th Space Wing Public Affairs
/ Published January 09, 2013
PATRICK AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. --
With all the stresses of military life, including moves every few years, a little help can go a long way.
Family Services is dedicated to helping those who serve the Department of Defense.
· Airman's Attic -- household items such as kitchen wares, living room, bedroom, yard and other equipment to Airmen who are E-5 and below
· Swap Shop -- a platform to donate or swap large items such as furniture and appliances
· Permanent Change of Station Loan Locker -- temporary household items during relocation
· Loan Locker -- futons, high chairs, strollers and car seats that can be borrowed for out-of-town guests
· Coupon Corner -- coupons donated by local churches, individuals and other charitable groups to help cut down on grocery bills
· Coupon Connection -- coupons to various DoD military installations overseas and extends them from 30 days to six months
"Family Services is a program we have worked really hard to keep and continue at Patrick," said Elsa Kekahuna, 45th Force Support Squadron, community readiness consultant. "Without our volunteers we would not be able to keep our doors open."
The volunteers are spouses of active duty/retired military and retired DoD civilians of all branches.
"They are really proud of the work and assistance we provide to our DoD personnel especially our young troops starting a family," said Ms. Kekahuna.
Airman's Attic is now accepting children's clothing for ages 10 and below. Call 321-494-4907 for more information.
Airman's Attic is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is located on the southeast side of Building 415. To donate large items, please contact Ms. Elsa Kekahuna at 321-494-5676.