The Airman & Family Readiness Center supports individuals, families, and leadership with programs and services to strengthen communities, encourage self-sufficiency, enhance mission readiness and ease adaptation to the Air Force way of life. The center serves singles, couples and families alike. For additional information go to: The 45th Force Support Squadron's page: GoPatrickFL.
NEWCOMERS FAIR INFORMATION VIDEO
The Deployment Readiness Program:
For more information on Readiness events for Deployment, Remote Assignments and Extended TDYs please visit the Deployed-Connection webpage (click-it!)
Family Services is composed of the PCS Loan Locker for family guests visiting the Space Coast and for DoD personnel PCSing to Patrick AFB; Airman's Attic for E-5 and below who are in need of free and donated household goods. Coupons are also available at the Coupon Corner for everyone to use. We assist over 500 people, monthly, but our ability to serve the Patrick AFB community is based on the availability of volunteers. Childcare is provided during your training period and your volunteer hours. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For additional information, or to volunteer call (321) 494-5676.
The Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) is a DOD-mandated enrollment program designed to support individual, family and unit readiness. EFMP provides comprehensive support to Family members with special needs by taking an all-inclusive approach to coordinate military and civilian community, educational, medical, housing, and personnel services to help service members and their families with special needs. It's comprised of 3 components who work together to support military members and their families: Medical, Assignments, and Family Support. Some services offered at Patrick AFB include: Respite Care Assistance, Education Classes and Workshops, Outreach Services, and Community Support.
Who is an Exceptional Family Member?
An Exceptional Family Member is an adult or child with any physical, emotional, developmental, or intellectual disorder that requires special treatment, therapy, education, training, or counseling, and meets the eligibility criteria. This may include family members that:
• Require special medical services for a chronic condition such as asthma, attention deficit disorder, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, etc.
• Receive ongoing services from a medical specialist
• Have significant behavioral health concerns
• Receive early intervention or special education services through an individualized education program or individualized family service plan
Available Family Support:
• Relocation: Assist incoming and outgoing families with information and referrals about medical and educational needs.
• Information & Referrals: About base and community programs that will assist EFMs in their specific needs.
• One—on—one consultations: Available to any AD member, DoD civilian, or military family member seeking info to support family members with special needs.
• Education & Support: Educational meetings, workshops and formal and informal discussions. You’re NOT alone!
• Respite Care: Can provide information on several respite care options for Active Duty AF EFMP families.
Military Family Life Consultant (MFLC) - (321) 307-1354
Military Family Life Counselors are Masters or Doctorate-level licensed counselors. Personnel eligible to meet with counselors are Active Duty families, Active Duty individuals, Active Duty couples and children.
They provide short-term, non-medical counseling services to members and their families at no cost. They also provide psycho-education to help military service members and their families understand the impact of Deployments, family reunions following deployments and other stresses related to military life.
MFLCs augment existing military support services. They can provide service on or off the military installation and services to individuals, couples, families and groups. All services provided are private and confidential with the exception of child and domestic abuse.
Stay Connected Virtually
Lunch and Learn Flyer